Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Free The Children

Oct.16, 2014          My experience at Free The Children    Philip H
                          
             First Impression (from alien perspective)
  When I entered the room full of humans for the Free the Children Club, I saw people on their cellular communicating devices, not listening to the humans speaking at the front and speaking to their allies in the back of the room. This made me think it was not a serious club.
                 
     I wanted to join since I helped 50 children in Africa get education for an elementary school project. There was a PowerPoint presentation explaining the country they
were sponsoring which I think was called “ Nicaragua”. They wanted to help Nicaragua by raising money so the little earthlings in Nicaragua can go get an education.

         I was going to join this club but with my paperwork and
Extra-curricular activities, I don’t think I would have enough time to stay fully committed to Free The Children.


4 comments:

  1. I love you typing skills. You are very specific in you writing and you have great details. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Philip
    The way you wrote as an alien as very believable. The words you used and the way you put it in sentences was very accurate of an actual aliens perspective. I dont think there is much to say but maybe you could explain what kind of extra curriculum you had as an alien. Other wise I think this was very well written and very believable. I think you chose number two, writing as a alien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Philip! I really liked how in the introduction you told what perspective you were doing. It was really helpful! Although (as Ves said) your typing skills are great, I think you should have described everything in a perspective in which you know nothing. For an example, how do you know that there's a place that's called Africa? Furthermore, I think it was a great post because instead of the word "friends" you used allies... a more geeky way of saying friends. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, its Eric
    From grade 5 to grade 7, I was part of free the children. I really enjoyed the club as we did many fundraisers, like a penny drive, and collected a couple thousand dollars for the country we were supporting. Your writing as an alien was on point. I really liked your writing from a alien's perspective. I would say start your two last paragraphs with a better sentence, but other than that, it seems great! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete